Re: debian install LiveCD for AMD64?

--- Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> Its being worked on already. :)
>
> With a 64bit kernel though. You can't properly install pure64 without
> 64bit support, not the normal way. I have it on my to-do list but was
> waiting for the 2.6.6 kernel image package to get uploaded and got
> distracted compiling gnome 2.6.
>
> MfG
>         Goswin

Hi Goswin,

   Thank you for your sharing thought.  I do not understand "can't
properly install pure64 w/o 64bit support, not the normal way".  If
possible could your elaborate your statement further?  I think
installer's system should be 32-bit because all the facilities are at
our hands, and well-debugged.  I persoanlly do not like 2.6.5+ debian
kernel because of libata which restricts SATA disk partitions up to 15
partitions.  Also I do not like cramfs.  I personally created 2.6.6
image for my Tyan Thunder K8W and Tiger K8W for dual opteron operation.
Does your CD enable us to compile and install original kernel source?
   Now I know who is developping gnome 2.6.  Personally I hate KDE, and
love gnome.  Now I should simply relax, and wait the good news from you.

Toshikazu Aiyama