Re: first XFree86 packages availabl

On Saturday 04 October 2003 18:23, Kevin Rosenberg wrote:
> Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> > I have just finished uploading packages for xfree86 and related stuff
> > to alioth. They are based on experimental XFree86-4.3.0 .debs with
> > a lot of further tweaking, so don't expect them to be overly stable.
>
> Great, Arnd. I was looking for the files on alioth and I don't see
> them in the files section or CVS on the old debian-amd64 or the newer
> x86-64 project. Would you give me a pointer to them?

It's on http://debian-x86-64.alioth.debian.org/, which you can also
use for apt-get if you have a version that understands _amd64.deb
packages. It should also be available by ftp and on
{http,ftp}://debian-amd.alioth.debian.org/, but there seem to be
problems with alioth.

> > The good news is that the binaries appear to work extemely well
> > for me, including 3D-acceleration and V4L. More importantly, it
> > is now possible to build packages that build-depend on xlibs-dev.
>
> That'll be great. I tested the 4.3.0 experimental i386 packages and
> they worked okay, but they didn't appear to support 3-d acceleration
> on my radeon 9800 card. I also tried compiling nvidia's amd64 3-d
> kernel module, but it doesn't support kernel 2.6. What card are you
> using with 3-d accelerated?

I'm using a Radeon 9000.

	Arnd <><