Re: X11 system lockup with 5.11.0 kernel

On Mon, Sep 06, 2021 at 11:00:27AM +1200, Michael Cree wrote:
> I had intended to assist in testing with real hardware but there
> are other issues due to the 5.10 kernel on Alpha that need fixing
> first and I am working on that.  I am hoping to come back to this
> and can run some tests in the near future.

I am delighted to report that this issue has finally been resolved
as of the 5.14.0 mainline kernel.

There is a completely unrelated annoyance involving APC UPSs and a
flood of "hid-generic: <device_id> control queue full" messages on
the console.  This was reported and fixed as of 01 Sep 2021, but
the fix hasn't made it into mainline yet :-(.

Respectfully,
--Bob