Re: X11 system lockup with 5.11.0 kernel

On Tue, Apr 06, 2021 at 12:19:29PM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> We're also supporting everything else that most commercial vendors consider obsolete
> such as PA-RISC, M68k, big-endian PowerPC (32 and 64 bits) SPARC and so on, in case
> you need testing there.

(Mostly including the above just as a reference to the most recent
posting in this thread...)

As of mainline kernel 5.12.0, the fix I (we) have been waiting for still
hasn't been included.  My alpha still locks up when X11 starts.

Stuck at kernel version 5.10.0 for the time being.

Respectfully,
--Bob