Re: sources.list for debian alpha

Hello!

On 7/31/20 7:51 AM, Ivan Carrillo-Nava wrote:
> My debian alpha box was off for a long time (over 2 years).
> When I turned it back on a few days ago and tried to update, the keys had expired so I got a new one and started updating.
> apt reported several packages had to be deleted (cinnamon amongst them).
> So my alpha debian box runs mate now.  But I believe I'm not getting many of the updates.
> The framebuffer seems very slow now compared to how it was working before it went on "vacation".
> I remember several xserver packages were among those listed for deletion.

Can you run provide information on the graphics adapter you are using, i.e.
by providing the output of "lspci" and "glixinfo"?

Chances are that the drivers for your graphics adapter were removed.

> Hardinfo GPU test now takes forever.
> Tried to download the firefox-esr 52.6 but it was "not found".

There is no current version of Firefox for Alpha as building Firefox requires
Rust and NodeJS these days which we don't have for Alpha yet.

> Does anyone have a sources.list file example for debian alpha?
> The machine is a DS15.

The DS-15 would be very useful for helping us build packages for Debian Alpha.

Do you think you could set up the machine as a build machine?

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz