Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2020-04-19

> Interesting.  I've just checked on my running XP1000 and I see there
> is no /dev/fd0 either.  I'm running a self-compiled 5.6.3 kernel and
> the floppy module is built.  Modprobing it loaded it and then I have
> a /dev/fd0 device node.  What's more it works --- I managed to list
> the directory of an old floppy disk!  Woah.  Haven't done that for
> very many years.
>
> Checking the debian built kernel install (5.5.0-1-alpha-generic),
> the floppy driver is indeed built.
>
> So is the floppy module included in the install ISO, and, if so,
> can you run insmod on it to enable the floppy drive while
> installing?
>
> Cheers,
> Michael.

That was a great suggestion! I looked for all the .ko files, and there
is no floppy.ko on the CD, and nothing that looks like it might be the
same under a different name.

So the floppy module would be a great addition to the install image.

Thanks

Darren