Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2020-04-19

> You can add the firmware files manually during installation with a
> floppy disk. The installer asks during installation if you want
> to provide additional firmware using removable media.

Thanks for that

The floppy disk controller did not work either, I recall clearly. I
tried a PCI USB card, IDE CD, SCSI CD and putting the files on a
second HDD. None of the storage was visible to the Debian installer.

If this might have changed, I will happily try again with the new image.

I spent quite a lot of time trying things. I cannot recall whether I
dropped to a prompt, mounted the FDD by hand and then went back into
the installer. Perhaps I'll try that.

Anyway, I don't wan to clutter up the list with that, I'll just go and try it.

Best wishes

D./