Re: systemd woes continue

It's been a year or two since I last tried to install the experimental debian alpha image on my DS10L, and my abiding memory of the last attempt was banging my head against a problem with creating BSD disklabel on the ide hard drive due to fdisk being updated a few years prior to remove the older functionality of BSD disklabels and the instructions not having been updated since then, and the people I asked for help had simply been updating their systems instead of doing fresh installs.  The BSD disklabel is required for SRM/IDE systems, and this system will dual boot from two separate drives alongside a functional VMS install.  I did eventually get the disklabel written using an old version of fdisk through a process I've since forgotten.

It's on hold for the moment as I tried to run a Gentoo install on the drive a few hours ago and it appears that the drive is dead, so I'll need to buy a new drive before I try again.