Re: pata drivers in the alpha installer

Hi all,

Hello  JH Chatenet!

On 5/8/19 10:19 PM, jhcha54008@free.fr wrote:
I wonder if the line in the patch of bug #920353 [1] :

pata-modules-${kernel:Version}

would still be helpful. (I haven't tested since I
submitted the bug report)

I missed that part back then because you put two different topics
into one bug report. I only addressed the issue with the release
name but not the missing pata-modules entry. I will have a look if
it's indeed missing and add the drivers.

The pata-modules are indeed missing in the initramfs for the installer
CDROM and the cause of my installation problems on my DS25 (see [1] and
follow-ups). I haven't yet tested on my DS20E and ES45, but assume they
are also affected, if their disc drives are attached to a PATA port.

[1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-alpha/2019/05/msg00000.html

@JH:
I must have overlooked that part like Adrian or maybe forgot it, because
I remember your message to the debian-alpha list back in January. IIRC
testing at that time was not possible on real hardware because of a bug
in the kernel that only showed in non-MP kernels - and unfortunately the
installer kernel for alpha is non-MP. Thankfully that's fixed now.

Cheers,
Frank