Re: Time to change the debian-ports "list"?

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 12:51:29PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 07:01:00PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
>>Alexander Wirt dixit:
>>
>>>Could you please (technically) summarize what needs to be done from
>>>listmaster side?
>>
>>1. Remove whatever debian-ports@lists.debian.org is right now

>>   works just like the other regular lists
>>
>>3. Announce the new debian-ports@lists.debian.org so that people
>>   can subscribe to it; document that there is no longer
>>   an address to reach *all* ports but that people should
>>   eMail the individual ports’ lists (and cross-post if
>>   needed, but only to the amount needed), and that the
>>   new debian-ports@lists.debian.org instead is a mailing list for
>>   discussion about
>>   a) debian-ports.org infrastructure
>>   b) porting Debian in general
>>   c) questions related to setting up a Debian port,
>>      including wanna-build, buildd, etc.
>
>That's exactly it, yes. Thanks. :-)

Hi Alexander et al,,

Could we make a start on this please? More discussions on the d-ports
expander today have reminded me how annoying the current setup is.

"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'
 as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver." -- Daniel Pead