Re: maintainer communication

On Mon, 23 Dec 2013, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> Finn Thain dixit:
>
> >Why is CONFIG_SERIAL_PMACZILOG to be disabled? And why was
>
> See the discussion in the thread before this message.

I've seen no discussion of this on debian-68k or linux-m68k. What
discussion are you referring to?

The subject of this thread (before you shortened it) was "maintainer
communication (was Re: Debian kernel regression, was Re: Modernizing a
Macintosh LC III)".

That discussion covered both the usefulness of the serial console (i.e.
CONFIG_SERIAL_PMACZILOG) and the problematic disappearance of
CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK.

> >CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK disabled?
>
> It was never enabled.

Yes it was. See "Modernizing a Macintosh LC III":
http://lists.debian.org/debian-68k/2013/11/msg00070.html

Finn