Re: pthread_getattr_np or pthread_attr_getstack

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 04:55:34PM +0900, NIIBE Yutaka wrote:
> Thank you for your prompt reply.
>
> On 2012-11-30 at 20:45 +1300, Michael Cree wrote:
> > No, there's definitely something not quite right with the pthread stuff
> > when running an SMP kernel on Alpha.  It works fine with a UP kernel
> > but problems are seen when running the SMP kernel.
>
> I see.
>
> > was built on the buildd Imago (which is indeed running an SMP kernel),
> > though the latest build (0.9.3.3-7) succeeded.   Probably a fluke.
>
> Not a fluke.  Since I looked FTBFS, I added a workaround in 0.9.3.3-7.
> That's the patch not using pthread_getattr_np and
> pthread_attr_getstack.

Ah, I see I should've read a bit further down your original message ;-)

I could give building 0.9.3.3-4 a go on a system with a UP kernel to
verify that it is the usual pthread on SMP system problem.  If that
works you are welcome to remove the Alpha specific patch and I will
add gauche to the "do not build on Imago" list.

Cheers
Michael.