Re: Beware of new udev

On 25/01/12 20:24, Bob Tracy wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 07:23:50PM +1300, Michael Cree wrote:
>> The udev problem with the missing accept4 syscall on Alpha is now fixed.
>
> ACK.  Upgrading libc6.1 (and other packages) as I type this.  Thanks for
> pushing through an updated kernel.

Beware the new Debian kernel!!!

I installed and ran the SMP version and it died with CPU lockups.  Maybe
the generic version is okay, but I haven't tested it.  It was
unfortunately built with gcc-4.4 and the optimisation bug has worked its
wonders on the kernel.

Might be a good idea to build your own kernel from kernel.org (get at
least version 3.2) and build it with gcc-4.5 until a new Debian kernel
comes through.

Beware the next Debian kernel.  It's building on the build daemons at
the moment and the changelog does not mention anything about fixing  bug
657112 (i.e., the request I put through to use a newer gcc version).  It
will probably crash too.

Cheers
Michael.