Re: Where to start hacking unstable on Alpha?

On 13/07/11 20:23, Michael Cree wrote:
> On 11/07/11 02:05, Gianluca Bonetti wrote:
>> I have a spare Qlogic PCI board, I could try if need some test and
>> feedback (that's mainly why I am here).
>
> OK.  But, don't spend too much time on that.  I expect you will find it
> fails and when you do it does not get us any closer to knowing how to
> fix it.

This kernel commit looks a very likely fix for the Qlogic firmware load
problem:

2cec80298072 [SCSI] qla1280: Drop host_lock while requesting firmware

It first appears in the 2.6.34 kernel and was CCed to the stable kernel
team but the commit has not been backported to 2.6.32.

I'll build a new kernel and test it out.

Cheers
Michael.