Re: Advancing Debian Alpha Porting

--On Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:44:31 AM +1200 Michael Cree <mcree@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

On Mon, April 18, 2011 1:48 pm, Witold Baryluk wrote:
On 04-14 06:43, Bill MacAllister wrote:
> It appears we are to provide the Alpha buildds.  We need at least
> two for redundancy but if older hardware is used then we may need
> three or four.  Craig, Witold, Robert, are you all able to offer a
> machine to be a buildd?  I don't think I can---I have an XP1000 that
> is my main computer that I use, and two PWS600au, but they are a bit
> slow.

Absolutly.

I can offer almost right now 2 fully loaded XP1000 exclusivly for buildd.

Great.  That's five machines at three sites.  Two XP1k, Two A1200, and a
CS20.  That should get us going nicely.

I am off on holiday over the Easter break and probably won't be able to
check my email for a week.

Cheers
Michael.

It would be great to get a summary of machine and sites.  From this email
stream I think the list is:

 System Description            Contributor
 ----------------------------  -----------------------------
 2 XP1000, 1GB RAM             Witold Baryluk <baryluk@smp.if.uj.edu.pl>
 CS20                          Craig Prescott <cpp@ekkaia.net>
 AS1200, 4GB, Dual CPU         Bill MacAllister <whm@stanford.edu>
 DECServer 5000, 2GB, Dual CPU Bill MacAllister <whm@stanford.edu>

Someone else might have spoken up with other AS1200's, but in my
search through the email stream I didn't see it.  Please correct me if
I have this wrong.

My systems will be on-line after I get a chance to move them into my
office at Stanford.  Note, I have asked for permission to do this and
have not received a response yet.  So, there is a possibility that I
will be scrambling for a place to hook these systems up.

Bill

P.S. I do have 5 Multia's as well, but I doubt if any one is interested
in them.  ;-)

--

Bill MacAllister
Infrastructure Delivery Group, Stanford University