Re: Advancing Debian Alpha Porting

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 08:48:10PM +1200, Michael Cree wrote:
> Debian Alpha People,
>
> Hopefully you have seen the promising message from Aurelien [1] that it
> is likely that the Alpha port of Debian can be accommodated in
> debian-ports in the next couple of weeks or so.  To enable that we need
> to start organising ourselves.  As no-one else has stepped up I am
> sending out this message but I have to admit I have limited knowledge of
> the Debian process of porting and packaging.  I suspect we may be all on
> a step learning curve.  Has anyone heard from Arthur Loiret?  It would
> be nice to get an actual Debian Developer on board.
>
> (...)

Thanks for doing this.  I'm happy to do what I can, but frankly, nothing
in my menagerie (irrespective of architecture) has enough suds to make a
suitable build platform for anything other than one-off custom stuff
(including the things I'm personally willing to wait on, like glibc
builds when absolutely required :-)).  If my 433au can contribute
meaningfully in any way, I'll be glad to make it happen.

Bob Tracy          |  "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit
rct@frus.com       |   upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin