Re: alpha and hppa removal from unstable/experimental

--On Monday, April 11, 2011 07:19:35 PM +0200 Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 10:49:46PM +1200, Michael Cree wrote:
On 03/04/11 02:06, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> Note that contrary to what a lot of people think, debian-ports is not
> part of the Debian infrastructure. It is run by (not enough) volunteers,
> partly on Debian money, partly on sponsoring and partly on volunteer
> funds. I am currently in contact with the DPL to try to improve the
> situation.

Aurelien, what's the time frame on this?  If the DPL is agreeable
would we be looking at the near future for this?

We have possible solutions, I hope to be able to get that working within
the next two weeks, but it will also depends on the chosen solution and
the time I am able to invest on this. I'll keep you inform when it's
ready on the debian-ports.org side.

In the meanwhile, you can already prepare a few things on your side:
- A place/way to fetch all the .deb that have to be import with the
  corresponding .changes.
- List of persons who need to have access to the wanna-build interface.
  If some of them are not DD, please also provide mail/login/ssh key.
- List of persons who should be able to upload packages to the archive
  with the corresponding GPG keys (that should include buildds
  maintainers)
- List of emails to be used as a contact point for alpha/hppa buildds
  and alpha/hppa related things.
- List of buildds with their IP, SSH key and mail address.

Also if some people would like to help with the machine administration,
please let me know.

I would be happy to help with machine administration.

Bill

--

Bill MacAllister
Infrastructure Delivery Group, Stanford University