Re: current status of alpha in squeeze - Storage Question - we will need to store the code some where - Fwd: Disk drives

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 4:43 PM, Robert Garron
<Robert.Garron@access3000.net> wrote:
> Joel,
>
> Can your group do what Bill is asking below?
> Similar to the change of 36 gig to 300 gig...
>
> Regards,
> Robert

Microcode changes for what?

This seems like much ado about nothing. Here's the thing to do: use an
old IDE or SCSI disk for booting the Alpha. In many cases, an
IDE->Compact Flash adapter will allow you to boot from Compact Flash.
>From there, once Linux loads you're free to load the root filesystem
from any disk the kernel has drivers for.

Matt