Re: squeeze and the future of the alpha port, redux

Gianluca Bonetti wrote:
> Hello world!
>
> I volunteer for some work in the project.
> If commitment is of some hours a week, I think I could manage it.

Well, the commitment needed depends on the issues that arise...

> Just a last consideration... it is well known that Alpha platform has
> to come to an end, sooner or later, but I think the time is not now.
> With some effort, we could keep Debian support for Alpha up to the
> Squeeze release.

This would mean getting it out of testing now and not release it with
Squeeze as support is meant to continue for an old release up till the
next release + 1 year (at least for security and critical issues).

Cheers

Luk