Re: squeeze and the future of the alpha port, redux

Steve Langasek wrote:
[ ... ] not
to mention the serious problems of the port's viability implied by things
like the lack of Java support

gcj and openjdk work fine in Fedora. AFAIK, Gentoo also has Java for Alpha. So it shouldn't be to hard to get it running on Debian!

> and the general absence of a porter community.

Well. Gentoo is still porting and Fedora (esp. Jay and /me) also.

[ ... ]

I'd like to mention; *I* often saw patches that helped me solve (Alpha) problems on Fedora. So. If there's no Debian Alpha port, my (Fedora Alpha) 'work' will get harder :-) Of course not if the Debian Alpha folks switch to Fedora... :-P

-of