Re: hypre stalled on alpha buildd

On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 11:55 +0100, Tim Cutts wrote:
> On 9 Jul 2008, at 6:36 pm, Julien Cristau wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jul  9, 2008 at 13:22:18 -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Any ideas why the alpha buildd still shows "needs build" for hypre
> >> after
> >> two weeks?
> >
> > there's still a big backlog as the alpha buildd was more or less down
> > for 2 weeks recently.  Things don't seem to be getting better very
> > fast
> > unfortunately (still more than 300 packages in Needs-Build).
>
> I'm really sorry about that.  We had a lot of crashes related to one
> of the disk drives in goetz.d.o.  That disk has now been replaced, and
> things have got better, although the machine has crashed once since.
> If that happens again, I will have to do some more diagnostics on it.

I'm sorry to hear that.  No need to apologize to me, the explanation was
sufficient, and everything is fine for me now.

> It would be useful if the machine could run multiple buildd's in
> parallel; it is, after all, a 4 CPU machine, and currently only runs
> one build at a time, which seems to be a waste.  I will raise this
> with the DSA team, and see if things can be changed to help work
> through the backlog

DSA is of course more of a priority than something like hypre.  Another
thing is that a lot of packages can probably be made to build in
parallel...

Cheers,
-Adam

Engineering consulting with open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/