Re: SCSI controllers and SRM

Hi Jay,

On 01/10/08 22:45:47, Jay Estabrook wrote:
> SRM reports my card as: "Adaptec AIC-7899", and shows a connected
> disk.
Show config reports the card as "Adaptec AIC-7899"  but not the disks
on my system

> So, given that, either:
>
> 1. your card is a different (and unsupported by SRM) version of 39160
> 2. cable is bad
> 3. disk is bad
> 4. termination is bad or non-existent
> 5. if more than one disk, disks are mis-configured.
My bet is it's #1. The lenny net inst CD finds the controller and
disks. If I "show bios" the scsi select program runs and I get
transported into alpha bios which again finds the controller and disks.

The firmware version I think is 3.20

Bummer,

I'll investigate more tomorrow, thanks for your help.

Simon