Re: Who to contact to get a buildd retry on alpha?

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 10:56:52AM -0800, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> I sent mail to alpha@buildd.d.o about this yesterday but nothing seems
> to have happened.  The most recent version of my package (monotone)
> failed to build on alpha due to a single failure in its testsuite (see
> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=monotone;ver=0.37-4;arch=alpha;stamp=1196345446).
>  The test that failed is known to succeed most of the time but
> occasionally fail for no apparent reason; if the package is retried it
> should build fine.  Who should I be bothering?

No one; you should fix your package so that it builds reliably.

The very test that's failing includes documentation of why the test is
broken and unreliable.  Please either fix the test or disable it in the
build.  Having to retry packages because they sometimes fail is obnoxious,
especially when a security update is involved.