Re: miata linux kernel

Emmanuel PERRIN a écrit :
> Hello,
> I have a PWS 500a on which NT works "perfectly". I try to use linux on
> it (instead of windows). I succed in installing milo (v1.5) but none of
> the kernels I have found boot up. Is it a wrong milo version ?
> Thanks by advance/
> ejmp

Thanks for all your answers.
I did not know it was possible to switch (F6?) from alpha bios to srm
(I'll try tomorrow), this could help.

Since the post I have (re)discovered gentoo distribution, which offers a
net install CD suitable for PWS on MILO + FAT. This works fine.
Boot params could be passed to the kernel throught AlphaBios and then
MILO. Working fine now, yet another kernel to compile.
I got a second PWS 500a, having few pb for booting (strange beeps). Give
some news while working on it.
To conclude, as it is now booting fine with MILO over GENTOO, this came
from kernels which were not suitable for my machine. It is very hard by
now to find resources for ALPHA.
Sincerely