Re: errors on kernel compile?

Falk Hueffner wrote:
> Harmon Seaver <hseaver@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>    Not just on this same driver. If I restart make, it then compiles
>> that part okay and moves on.
>
> This indicates a hardware problem.

   Yes, well, after the multitudinous times I've restarted it, it now
refuses to go past one module, so I guess I'll give up on that. I
compile kernels for all my boxes as a general rule, this is my first on
an alpha tho. I wonder if the heat flaky 74F623 chip is part of the
problem? Or maybe bad memory -- but that seems to pass the boot process
check okay.
     I'll wait until the TI replacement chips I ordered from Digi-Key
arrive and get soldered in before I try to compile the kernel again.

--
Harmon Seaver