Re: Xorg 7 fixed on alpha

Reporting FULL WORKING AGAIN on my LX164, with Matrox Millennium II Graphics.
Thanks Steve!

Geoff Martin

2007/1/9, Mike Campbell <mike@avendesora.net>:

On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 08:45:46PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm happy to report that after quite a bit of hunting, bug #392500 is fixed
> in xorg-server 2:1.1.1-14 in incoming.  That means we finally have an X
> server newer than Xorg 6.9 which works on alpha.  One RC bug down... :)
>
> Please test if this version of xserver-xorg-core fixes any problems you
> might have been having with X on alphas (specifically, ev56 and above).  The
> bug that was identified was pervasive enough that it potentially explains
> any number of failures with drivers of all sorts, but there may be other
> latent bugs that were obscured by the fact that the X server as a whole was
> broken. :)  If you are still seeing other breakage with X on alpha, you will
> need to report these bugs soon for there to be any chance of fixing them for
> etch.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Steve Langasek                   Give me a lever long enough and a Free OS
> Debian Developer                   to set it on, and I can move the world.
> vorlon@debian.org                                   http://www.debian.org/
>

> --

Thank you Steve!  X is once again working on my dp264 with a radeon 9100!
With this fix, and finally moving to nptl, I'm starting to feel a little better about the state of Debian-Alpha.

Thanks again,
Mike