Re: Sarge Installer Kernel Hangs on Alphastation 200

On 02/10/2006 22:04:00, Brian D. Pitts wrote:
>Boot the CDROM with "-flag i" then boot the kernel with "ide=nodma".
>Let me know if it works.

This didn't change the behavior. I downloaded
debian-30r6-alpha-binary-1.iso
and was able to install from it.

Very bad.
Sounds like a regression of the debian installer.
You should give a try to the new installer for Debian Etch, when it comes out.

By now, I could suggest you to boot the 2.4 kernel instead of 2.6 (as the 3.0 installation uses the 2.4 kernel which works for you). If even this doesn't work, then install a base 3.0 system and upgrade to 3.1 by "apt-get dist-upgrade".

Bye
gl