Re: xorg 7.0 and Radeon 7500

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 10:42:10AM -0500, Bob Tracy wrote:

> Suggestions on things to try would be greatly appreciated.  Specifically,
> I'm hoping to find some combination of xorg.conf driver options, screen
> layout, etc. that will do the trick.  I'll keep searching for examples
> on-line in the meantime, but it would be great to hear from people who
> have Radeon 7500s working in their Alphas.

I've never tried running the radeonfb driver for text mode and then
X11, even with Xorg 6.x.x. Sometimes the combination of fb and X has
been known to cause problems, so...

Have you tried Xorg 7.0.x WITHOUT the radeonfb driver?

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - XC I & B
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO1-3/D-B.8     (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook@hp.com