Re: No Mouse available on X or gpm with sarge

Andy Gay wrote:

On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 16:33 +0200, Alexander Strop wrote:
Hi,

I have a Compaq (Logitech) 2 Button mouse on a Compaq DS10 (500Mhz).
Under Tru64 the mouse works great but im not able to get it to work under Sarge. It is connected to ps/2 i have a /dev/psaux. I tired several ps/2 settings, auto too, but not one worked.

Did you try /dev/input/mice ?

Any Ideas?

Alex

I had the same issues on my 164LX. When the mouse worked, it worked only with "/dev/psaux", but on some installations, I could never get it to work. The problems seem solved in Etch though. The installer now detects and configures the mouse correctly the first time.