0 Bytes Free for FAT formatted hotplug devices in Gnome an Alpha problem?

Since a few month I experience the problem on my Alphaststion that USB-Drives mounted by Hotplug show without any problems in Gnome Desktop but they only have "0 Bytes Free" and trying to write something to them with Gnome File Mangager shows that there is not enough space. At the command line you can write to the devices without problems. Mount shows that they are correctly mounted by hotplug/gnome-volume-manager. df -h shows correct sizes and free space, too. Is this only a problem on alpha because I have no Intel machine running Gnome Desktop to test the scenario, and did not found any bug report about this?

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de - http://www.schindlers-software.de
eMails: uwe@thetaphi.de (private); info@schindlers-software.de (company)
Tel./Fax: +49 700 PCLATEIN (+49 700 72528346)

Schindlers Software - Home of Schindlers PC-LATEIN 3.20
DIE Software zum Lateinlernen!