Re: installation woes

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 04:48:32PM +1000, thefinn wrote:
> I've got an alphastation 400/233. I have a problem with the
> debian-network install cd detecting the scsi hdd's that are in it.
> For some reason it's saying there's no disks in the computer. Is there
> an issue with scsi on the network-cd installation procedure ?

Which disk are you referring to as "network-cd installation procedure"?
There are no images of this name; the image types are called "netinst",
"businesscard", and "full".  Are you referring to the netinst image?

For maximum clarity, please post the contents of .disk/info from the CD
image you were using.

What type of SCSI controller do you have in this system?

> Should I just download the entire alpha debian install cd set ?

That certainly wouldn't have any bearing on problems with disk detection.