Re: "no link beat found" on digital alpha-station 255

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 12:14:50PM -0500, Jay Estabrook wrote:

> Many of the Alphas with builtin old/slow TULIPs give problems with
> the current default driver ("de2104x"). I think it's NOT the driver's
> fault, but some kinda quirky implementation on the mobos. Regardless,
> it doesn't work successfully (and won't, until the quirkiness is
> understood).

Just for reference, my AS200 was trying to load the tulip driver
rather than de2104x. Unblacklisting de4x5 has at got it recognising
the network.

Cheers,

Phil

--
"This is a bug?"
"It's good, huh? You should see the guys who make it, it's like they've