From: hcohen14@optonline.net [mailto:hcohen14@optonline.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 2:23 PM
To: debian-alpha@lists.debian.org
Subject: Which video card is supported for a DEC Alpha?

I have installed Debian Linux v. 3.1 (sarge) for an Alpha computer
system.  I am using a DEC Alpha motherboard 164-LX running at 533 MHZ.
I have tried using a Matrox Millennium II video card in both MGA and VGA
modes and have been getting an xfree86 server crash saying that the
"screen is not found".  I have also tried an older Trident video card
running it in VGA mode with the same error.

I would like to know which video card is supported for a DEC Alpha by
Debian Linux without having to modify the kernel?  I am sure that
someone is out there who is actually running a system like mine with a
working video card?  I would like to know the make and model of the card
that you are using and the extent to which it works.

I am looking ahead for a reply that can be helpful to me in getting this
system running in x-windows mode with both the KDE and Gnome desktops.