From: Adrian Zaugg [mailto:adi@ente.limmat.ch]
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 1:56 PM
To: debian-alpha@lists.debian.org
Cc: debian-alpha@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: 1.4 JDK for Debian on alpha

gl@decadence.it wrote:
> On 27/07/2005 16:41:12, Ostermueller Erik - eoster wrote:
>
> No way to use HP Java for Alpha.
You may find Compaq JDK 1.3.1. ...but you requestet 1.4. So, ok, this
not.

> You could only use Kaffe, GIJ or SableVM.
> SableVM could run Tomcat if it's what you need.
Tomcat itself may run, but many applications running in Tomcat will just
spit out stack traces. Even Tomcat somtimes crashes. (I haven't found a
single JDK for Alpha running Tomcat really stable.)

Bad news, though.

Regards, Adrian.