Re: 1.4 JDK for Debian on alpha

On 27/07/2005 16:41:12, Ostermueller Erik - eoster wrote:
What are my options for running a jdk 1.4 or better on debian with a
DEC Alpha machine?

No way to use HP Java for Alpha.
Now they only support Java on Tru64 and OpenVMS.

You could only use Kaffe, GIJ or SableVM.
SableVM could run Tomcat if it's what you need.
There is also a plugin for integration with mozilla (gcjwebplugin)

Of course, 1.4 support is not completed (Swing in particular) and 5.0 support I think it's not the developer's target for now.

Bye
gl :)