Re: Boot Parameters with Sarge

At 17:48 19.06.2005, you wrote:
Hi all, i'm here again,

my question is, how can i pass a boot-parameter to the sarge installation-cd
(netinst-iso)? Everyone talks about the Boot-Prompt, but i get no prompt.
The installer runs always through, and let me pass no parameters to the
kernel (expert, snd-ad1848 <params>, ad1848 <params>, etc.) What goes wrong
here? Is there a boot-prompt only at the i386-installation? When i try to pass
the parameters with aboot from srm-console i get only different kernel-panics
(even when i try the parameters from aboot.conf). Please help.

it seems that you have BOOT_OSFLAGS in SRM set. This are the default parameters added to the commandline of the "boot" command. If it contains "0" it is the same like starting "boot dka... -fl 0" which starts the first config item in aboot.conf on the CD.

Clear your BOOT_OSFLAGS variable first!
then type "boot dka..." and nothing else. You will then get a aboot prompt.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de - http://www.schindlers-software.de
eMails: uwe@thetaphi.de (private); info@schindlers-software.de (company)
Tel./Fax: +49 700 PCLATEIN (+49 700 72528346)

Schindlers Software - Home of Schindlers PC-LATEIN 3.10
DIE Software zum Lateinlernen!