Re: PC164 UX Ruffian

I tried it, but it's the same:

"Load MILO Utility 1.1 ..
[JAY`s HACKED VERSION]

..
MILO File with 593576 bytes loaded at 80500000"

The disk image come from:
/debian/dists/woody/main/disk-alpha/current/MILO/milo_ruffian.bin

Regards,
Andreas.

--On Montag, 6. Juni 2005 18:11 +0200 thomas.liste@project-ian.net wrote:

Andreas Czerniak wrote:

Hi,

I have a nice older PC 164UX (called ruffian) rediscovered and I would
install debian on it.

After downloading the Net-Inst Images of Debian Sarge, i can't install
Debian with it, because there are no milo or ldmilo.exe files on
theses cd's.
After downloading the alpha disk images of Woody, i can boot the
machine till "Milo loaded xxx bytes at mem address yyyy" - that's all ...

the important Options for booting are:

OSLoader = multi(0)disk(0)fdisk(0)\linload.exe
OSLoadFileName = \milo
OSLoad-/SystemPartition = multi(0)disk(0)fdisk(0)

Have anyone a hint or howto links to install Debian on a Ruffian ?

Thx,
        Andreas.
--
Andreas Czerniak <ac@amcs.net>
AMCS - Network   www.amcs.net

Hi,
I don't have a Ruffian myself, but seem to recall that you should use
ldmilo.exe instead of linload.exe (this is special for Ruffian)

- Thomas