Debian Woody on Alpha XL300

Hi there!
I've recently been trying to install Debian Woody on a Alpha XL300(XLT) I purchased some weeks ago.

As you may be aware of, the XLT only supports ARC, so I have to use milo. Using the cd, I've booted milo for XLT, but I'm not able to boot the kernel.
According to the documentation, MILO is supposed to automatically proceed to linux, but this doesn't happen here?
I'm trying to boot the kernel using:
boot sr0:/boot/linux root=/dev/ram initrd=/boot/root.bin
which is the same as the aboot.conf file.
The kernel starts loading, but then oanics with the following error:
Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 01:00
It also warns about ufstype not being set.

Has anyone else experienced this, or know how to fix it? I'll be eternally grateful if you can help me :-)

Best regards,

Thomas "firemorph" Presthus