Re: HPaq cxx trouble

--- Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> have seen the new ccc package in unstable. I am waiting for testing. The
> only thing that makes the user think it does not work: the link in the
> package description is invalid. If the download link in the package
> installer is also invalid you have a problem if you do not know where the
> compaq cc rpm can be found.

I've certainly hit that more than once in the past, it certainly is an
annoyance.
Is is possible to have the link in the package simply a stable .debian.org (or
anyone else who can guarantee some kind of stability) URI which redirects to
whatever is the correct current hp/compaq address for the rpms?

It requires a small amount of additional admin overhead, but the
user-friendliness increase would far outweigh that.

Phil

()  ASCII ribbon campaign      ()    Hopeless ribbon campaign
/\    against HTML mail        /\  against gratuitous bloodshed