Re: What the hell happened with testing and X11

That is a shame ! How it can be. I have used my alpha for many years. I changed to debian from suse axp 8.1. Maybe I have to boot back to suse
to get usable machine.. :(

Joni

Phil Carmody wrote:
--- Joni Bäcklund <joni@connect.fi> wrote:
The G200 matrox card will lock on my machine with the XFree 4.3.0 that
is included
with testing. Allthough I do not like that NV. I would prefer G200 if it
just works.. NV
driver will totally srew the consoles to that there are no human
readable characters there :(
This happes after the first X11 server is running.

Anyone having same kind of problems.

Moi Joni,
My ruffian (164/UX4) no longer runs X 4.x at all. As of about 6-months to a
year ago ("testing" obviously). Fortunately, it's almost entirely a headless
server nowadays.

Phil

When inserting a CD, hold down shift to stop the AutoRun feature
In the Device Manager, disable the SbcpHid device.
http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~jhalderm/cd3/