Re: java-sdk toolkit on alpha?

Hi Mel

mel kjravitz wrote:
Any one running jakarta-tomcat which needs j2sdk toolkit?
I fear nobody. There was once a success story of tomcat running under
kaffee, but I couldn't reproduce this on my alpha. This may be my fault
though.
-more specically does anyone know of a port of j2sdk to alpha?
There was a JDK 1.3.1 from Compaq. It's not so easy to install [1] and
there is no more download link found on the hp site [2]. It didn't work
with JBoss but it worked with tomcat 3.x but when I'm right, not with
tomcat 4.x. See also
http://lists.debian.org/debian-alpha/2004/03/msg00033.html [3].

If you manage to run tomcat one or another way on your alpha, I would be
very glad to learn how you did it.

Any additions and corrections to this are welcome!

Regards, Adrian.

[1] e.g. zero sized libcpml
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/math/faq/cpml.html#EmptySharedLib
For the install notes, see:
http://ente.limmat.ch/ftp/pub/alpha/java/install_notes.html
(sorry, I don't find the official page no more)
...just discovered the package: cpml-ev5 (5.2.0-1) [contrib], there are
maybe more debs available.

[2] You can grab it from:
ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/Digital/info/java/jdk-1.3.1-1-linux-alpha.tgz

[3] Maybe the patch from Andrija Pantovic can help:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/axp-list/2004-August/msg00019.html