Re: help: hang on X start with PSW500au and s3 virge

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 03:07:22PM +1100, Randall Wayth wrote:

>         BusID           "PCI:1:10:0"

I think, if you had to put this line in, that the card is behind a
PCI/PCI bridge, which may hinder its correct operation.

Try moving the card to one of the 2 64-bit slots; they are in front of
the bridge and should prove no problem.

I'll also second the opinion of moving to a different card, as S3 ViRGe
has never been truly stable on Alpha...

Matrox Millennia are fine, as are most ATI Radeons, though I'd stay away
from the 7000/VE.a

Good luck.

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO2-3/N30       (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook@hp.com