Re: 2.6.8 on AlphaStation 200

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Jaakko Linnosaari wrote:

> > SCSI works now, it seems (good), but I get the problem sda: unknown
> > partition table at boot (BSD disklabel, works fine with 2.4.x-kernels)
> > followed by kernel panic when booting. Do you know what could be wrong
> > here?
>
> Hmm, just read your other post. Maybe it isn't the
> CONFIG_OSF_PARTITION-thingy... What does 'fdisk -l /dev/sda' say?

Thank you for you reply! Well, it says something like this:

octavia:~# fdisk -l /dev/sda

Disk /dev/sda: 67 heads, 62 sectors, 1011 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 4154 * 512 bytes

3 partitions:
#       start       end      size     fstype   [fsize bsize   cpg]
  a:        2         5         4       ext2
  b:        6        89        84       swap
  c:       90      1011       922       ext2
octavia:~#

(and only fdisk gives the following)

octavia:~# fdisk /dev/sda
Detected an OSF/1 disklabel on /dev/sda, entering disklabel mode.
To return to DOS partition table mode, use the 'r' command.

BSD disklabel command (m for help):

Regards,

/Joakim
--