RAIDArray 230 (SWXCR/KZPAC/DAC960) failure with Sarge RC1

Title: RAIDArray 230 (SWXCR/KZPAC/DAC960) failure with Sarge RC1

Me again.  I can't let go of those old Alpha 4100s.  They are like an old car on blocks in the yard that I tinker with now again hoping to turn the engine over.  One day they will move our Windows file systems off the MSA1000 and if I have't made Debian boot on the Alphas by then, I will just call a tow truck and have them hauled away.  But in the meantime, with much help from Steve and others on this list, we am inching forward.  Sarge RC1 sees the DAC960 and the volumes on it; I can format them; I understand to leave an aboot partition (and it even prompts me if I forget) but it still fails at kernel install time with:

Setting up kernel-image-2.4.26-1-generic (--configure):
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.26-1-generic/kernel/drivers/char/scx200.o
/usr/sbin/mkinitrd: device /dev/rd/c0d0p1 is not a block device
Failed to create initrd image.
dpkg: error processing kernel-image-2.4.26-1-generic (--configure):
  subprocess post-installation-script returned error exit status 2
  kernel-image-2.4.26-1-generic

I think this is the problem Steve mentioned that has been isolated and should be fixed in RC1; I am still seeing it.  Will try the daily build and a Sid and see what happens.  This is more an FYI than a "help!"

John

communication or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited. If
computer.