e1000 on alpha

Hello,

is anyone using e1000 gigabit nic on alphas?

For me it works well on 1000a running 2.6.7, with one problem: Whenever i
reboot my box witout powering it down, i get the "probe failed with error
-5" from e1000 module.

Googling shows that this problem is also common on pc hardware at suspend
time, so i'd suspect something is not being properly reset on hw
initialisation.

So 'poweroff' on alpha to SRM is somehow similiar to suspending a pc? SRM
says that CPU is getting rebooted, but what about other hw? Are there any
other drivers that should be aware of this?

--

Jure Pečar