alpha debina linux disk recovery

hello,

I recently inherited in my job an alpha box (microway) which apparently
died (motherboard issues) a couple of days ago. It was running
linux debian with a 2.2.xx kernel.

Unfortunately this is the only alpha I have and I would like to take the data of
it's disks. I tried plugging the disks in a i386 box and unfortunately they were
not recognized. Is there a difference in format between the i386 and alpha?
(I think it was an ext2). I am really looking on some pointers to start
digging the subject so that I'll be able to get all the data out...

Thanks!!!