Re: java on alpha

Hi Barton,

Barton Andras wrote:
Hi there!

Does anyone use JAVA on linux powered Alpha machine? I have a compaq ds 10
and I want to install java, if this is possible. Unfortunately i haven't
find any binaries. Is there someone who compiled JAVA for alpha?
What about jikes, coffe, cacao? Are they useable on alpha?

In theory, kaffe should work on alpha-linux, with a jitter and all that, in practice it seems to need an interesed alpha-developer to fix whatever bug remains to keep it from running.

cheers,
dalibor topic