Re: Dbian Linux (woody) for AXP can't boot on DS15

Hello,
On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 06:35:23AM -0500, mel kravitz wrote:
> aboot is 0.9b latest available from:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/aboot/

I recommend using the Debian packet[1] if at all possible (even if you
install it by hand) since I added additional patches for some high end
machines so maybe your DS15 is also affected. Those patches are only
in CVS head, not in the latest released version.

Please see the SRM-FAQ on www.alphalinux.org (new version with updated
links to appear soon) for details regarding usage of aboot. Once
installed proper man pages are available also.

If this information is not sufficient, feel free to ask here so we can
add the answers to later revisions of the document(s); also if you
cannot get your machine to boot (this was the problem?) with the
latest version of aboot, then please file a bug either with Debian or
on sourceforge.

Greetings

            Helge

[1] Since those patches are also part of the latest RedHat version you
    might try using the Compaq released version of RedHat to boot your
    system and write aboot and then proceed with the installation of
    Debian, skipping the "Install Bootloader" step.
    Also AFAIK d-i can install woody as well, so giving d-i a shot
    (and if it does not work, which might be the case) writing a good
    bug report would be great also.
--
Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.               Helge.Kreutzmann@itp.uni-hannover.de
  gpg signed mail preferred    gpg-key: finger kreutzm@rigel.itp.uni-hannover.de