Re: Kernel 2.6 on alpha

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:40:34 -0800 Bob McElrath <bob+debian-alpha@mcelrath.org> wrote:

> Hmmm.  Well there were an unusual number of compiler warnings about .got
> sections.  I'm using gcc 3.3.2.

I haven't seen those.  What's the message look like?

> For me USB has always been unreliable on the alpha.  It's so bad I just
> removed the USB card altogether and now I use my laptop for USB stuff.
> (I haven't used USB on alpha in over a year now)

Under 2.4, I can use a Apple USB keyboard and a Logitech USB mouse reliably.
In 2.6, with test9 I'd get a machine check.  Test11 gives a oops.
I could never get a USB storage device to work in 2.4.  It's a combo
USB/Firewire drive.  It works just fine with Firewire.

> > Which buslogic card do you have?  I have a Bt-956C I that I can try in the LX.
>
> That's the one.

Ok.

> Well only if you need an entertaining way to spend your Saturday.

I have to recompile 2.6.0 final anyway, so I'll add that driver to the config
and see what happens. :)

Alan