ALT GR+2 still not working

Hi.

I'm have strugling this problem for couple months, does anyone else have
this problem.
When I start XFree86, it shows this message:

Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap

Now, when I try to make eg. at-sign, alt-gr+2 won't do it, pressing those
won't do anything.
And layout seems to be something like US keyboards, not FI latin what it
used to be.

Some guy told to use xmodmap for a solution, but its not a solution its
more like workaround and bad one, because I have to redefine almost all
keys.

Problem was in testing and now moved to unstable, its here too.
I'm now running Debian unstable.
Kernel 2.4.23
XFree86 4.2.1-14